9.11.2007

Frye-a-later

I like that we traded Charlie Frye. It shows that we're not going to just settle down with two mediocre quarterbacks for the first half of the season. It shows that we're going to settle for one mediocre quarterback, one unproven rookie, and the rookie's unproven mentor (or 'sensei,' if you will).

I'd like to think that it follows the plot of a fanfiction screenplay I wrote as a prequel to "The Karate Kid," entitled "Almost There: Mr. Miyagi's 'Okay' Student." The okay student, we'll call him Derek, stepped in for one match and won by chance when his opponent forgot how to block punches. Derek never really succeeded again when it mattered. Then, of course, Mr. Miyagi is approached by Daniel LaRusso, and continues to humor Michael, I mean Derek, until LaRusso's checks clear. There is also a touching love story in AT:MMOS that is irrelevant to this simile.

In this comparison, Mr. Miyagi could be the city of Cleveland, Romeo Crennel or Ken Dorsey. Right now we're in the TKK, and somewhere in the middle of the training montage. Quinn has been bullied at school (read: bowl games) and is ready to fight back.

Also, this means that our next quarterback will be Hillary Swank. At least we know she can take a hit.

I used to be a big defender of Romeo, but now I'm not so sure. He seems so passive and forgiving after every loss. I could back over his dog in his driveway after he catches me sleeping with his wife, and he would say, "I should have locked the door. Next time, I guess."

What we need in Cleveland is an asskicker. Someone with a history with the Browns, and head coaching experience coaching and motivating teams at the highest level. Someone who is not afraid to be pissed off after a loss, or afraid to discipline his team. We need someone who is known and respected by the players, who work under him in both fear and respect. We need someone with the first name "Bill," and the last name "Cowher."

Go Brownies.

No comments: